The Malta Companies Act is largely based on English Law and EU directives. It defines the type of Maltese corporate entities or commercial partnerships that may be established which comprise:
- A limited liability company;
- A partnership en nom collectif;
- A partnership en commandite.
Private Limited Liability Companies (LTDs)
The incorporation of a Malta company, is an easy and smooth process which will typically require between one to three working days from the presentation of the pertinent documentation to the Maltese Registrar of Companies. At WDM International we can assist you with all matters pertinent to the incorporation of a Malta Limited Liability company.
|Shelf companies are not available in Malta|
|A Malta company must have at least one director. The director need not be a Maltese national and may be a body corporate|
|The minimum authorised share capital is €1,165 or the equivalent in any major convertible foreign currency, 20% of which ought to be paid up|
|A Malta company must have a company secretary. The company secretary must be an individual, but need not be a Maltese national|
|A Maltese company may have different types or classes of shares, regulating the rights attributable to the shareholders|
WDM International can assist you with the following services in relation to the incorporation and maintenance of Malta companies:
- Malta company formation;
- Review of documents for client due diligence purposes;
- Advice in relation to and drafting of Memorandum and Articles of Association and particular clauses which ought to be inserted depending on the circumstances of the case – we stir away from template formations;
- Opening of a bank accounts in the name of the company;
- Submission of the incorporation and KYC documentation to regularise the bank account;
- Application for VAT Number (where applicable);
- Registration with Malta Inland Revenue;
- Registration with the Malta Registry of Companies;
- Annual management and administration:
- Registered office facilities;
- Directorship services;
- Company secretary services.
For more information on the taxation of Malta companies, click here.