Businesses often face numerous challenges on the road to profitability and sustainability. Many a time, investment alone is not enough to help a business improve, scale, and succeed. At WDM International we work closely with clients to provide them with the business expertise they need to grow in the right direction. This value added by our firm is founded on our client’s needs, and supported by rigorous objectives, deliverables, and success factors tailored to the assignment in question.
At WDM International we provide expertise on a range of business challenges including financial, management, operations and supply chain, strategic planning, and governance. Our specialised team of consultants can help our client’s organization improve its performance. The main key elements will be to measure success within the organisation, improve efficiency, maximise performance and minimise risk. We will help turning our clients’ business dreams into a successful reality, assisting in building their business and consolidate its value.
At WDM International we work together with our clients in their boardrooms and their back offices, emphasising on the importance of delivering business control to help them to look after and strengthen every aspect of their business from people to performance.
Drawing on our decades of experience in the audit sphere as well as our commercial awareness, we thoroughly evaluate our clients’ governance procedures, information, controls and processes, suggesting optimal solutions to fix them, where necessary.
We do tailor our services in accordance with our clients’ unique transactions. Whilst performing our work, it is our firm’s policy to comply with the relevant laws and regulations, when at the same time respecting demands for confidentiality and ethical conduct.
When providing business advisory services the following process outlined hereunder is generally followed.
1. Assessing Client Development Needs
During the due diligence process the pertinent professionals at WDM International, will assess the business’s weaknesses and risks, as well as review opportunities for growth. Each client is measured against our core focus areas to assist in determining the strategy for each client.
2. Project Planning and Allocation
At this stage, we assess the objectives of the client. WDM International’s multidisciplinary team of professionals are roped in depending on the project at hand in order to meet with the client’s senior management to brainstorm and prioritize potential projects. The team uses the information gathered during the assessment phase and the outcomes of discussions with the client to determine top priorities and main objectives. Based on these objectives, actual business advisory services are programmed with subsequent success indicators.
3. Implementation, Monitoring and Adjustment
The team assigned to a particular project implement the business advisory services. The particular mechanism is determined by the qualifications and timing required on a case by case basis. During the implementation period the project is constantly monitored and adjustments carried out as necessary.
WDM International seeks input from clients to determine if the business advisory services led to positive changes in the company. When applicable, WDM International also involves post-assignment consultant evaluations.
What we offer
At WDM International we can provide added value consultancy in the areas of business advisory:
- corporate finance
- mergers and acquisitions
- business restructuring and re-organisations
- enterprise risk management
- internal audit
- business coaching
Through our corporate finance services, we do support and advise our clients through the lifecycle of their business. We concentrate on providing advice and support in complex situations to develop the strength of our clients’ business, to provide access to capital markets or to realise value through exit. Our commitment is seen through our teamwork with clients, our entrepreneurial spirit, commercial shrewdness and integrity. At WDM International we can provide independent tailor made advice to our clients so as to maximize their corporate value whilst managing their financial risks.
- Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers and accountants assists clients in:
- capital investment decision making by providing project valuations and suggesting appropriate methods of finance;
- determining dividend policy;
- managing working capital and preparation of financial plans;
- measuring financial risks, devising and implementing strategies to manage financial risks.
Mergers and Acquisitions
When our clients are undergoing the process of a merger or acquisition, being it local or cross-border, we support this process by engaging in a thorough examination of the financial, legal and tax circumstances of the company or business being targeted by our client.
In this area WDM International provides the following assistance:
Due diligence – During the acquisition due diligence exercise, we evaluate, in complete confidentiality, any issues concerning the target company or business to be acquired. We thus not only look carefully at the past results and scrutinize projected performance of our client’s target, but also analyse all the key facts and indicators surrounding the transaction, so as to determine any risks. Consequently, we would then have an understanding as to how the acquisition price can be determined. Throughout this exercise, we help our clients to:
- gain an understanding of the performance of their target company or business
- identify and analyse the key value drivers behind the acquisition price
- identify potential risks to the transaction, evaluating the strategic benefits and pitfalls
- optimise financial and tax positions
- negotiate, structure and complete the deal
If our clients are considering a disposal, either to streamline their operations, or plan their retirement, or simply just to respond to an attractive offer, WDM International can help by assessing the options available to them and optimise their company’s or business value. We assist our clients in the management and control of the information to make the best decisions. It is part of our firm’s ethos to act discreetly, maintaining full confidentiality in the process. In recommending the best strategy for our client’s needs, we offer the following services:-
- identifying and prioritising factors to increase the business value
- compiling pro forma financial information
- analysing past performance and building or reviewing a business plan
- organising and managing data to showcase information
- providing guidance at each phase of the negotiation process
- maximising our client’s financial and tax position
Management buy-outs and management buy-ins – management buy-outs (MBOs) and management buy-ins (MBIs) are complex transactions that require a high level of technical expertise and can be time-consuming. Although exciting, these transactions can also be full of risk. Our team will help our clients to realise the deal on their terms, offering the necessary support in the early months and years to address the many pressures that arise. We do also assist our clients to identify the best method for the finance of MBOs and MBIs.
Post-deal support – Doing the deal can be thrilling and intense. However the major hurdle is often in meeting promises and projections over an extended period. In this regard, we work hand in hand with our clients and provide direct support to management, such as:
- business and scenario planning
- measurement and performance indicators
- people management: structure, reward, team-building
- recruitment and down-sizing
- changes to business processes
- risk management
Business Restructuring and Re-Organisations
When a business reaches a new stage in its development, one may need to change the way it is organised. By way of example, as the end of the start-up phase comes along and one begins to focus on developing the business, the need to create a formal structure so that the business is better positioned to achieve its objectives may be felt. We do understand the underlying importance of the introduction of a solid organisational structure that will help our clients in staying in the driving seat whilst their business expands.
The basic nature of restructuring is a zero sum game. We are fully aware as to how delicate a restructuring exercise can be. Consequently at WDM International we strive to:
- ensure the company has enough liquidity to operate during implementation of a complete restructuring;
- produce accurate working capital forecasts;
- provide open and clear lines of communication with creditors who mostly control the company’s ability to raise financing;
- update detailed business plan and considerations.
Moreover, as a business continues to develop and refine its strategy, it also needs to align its internal structures to meet the new requirements. Organisational improvements can range from minor adjustments to major reorganisations of functions or departments. At WDM International we adopt the maxim that that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. We thus recognize that reorganisations are essential to keep our clients ahead of the competition. All reorganizations require careful planning to ensure the shape of the new business will successfully deliver the defined strategy and goals.
At WDM International we offer consultancy in relation to the follow spheres of expertise:
- business planning and modelling;
- preparation and evaluation of management information;
- business process analysis and improvement, identifying operational inefficiencies;
- developing and implementing strategic plans, including turn-around strategies;
- developing risk-measurement strategies, risk management plans, crisis handling and disaster recovery planning.
Value is a core consideration for any business. Knowing the value of an asset, a company, a competitor or a target creates new business opportunities and is a key driver of wealth creation. Valuation services are required at every stage of a business life cycle. We do undertake valuation engagements for a number of different purposes, including:
- buying and selling a business
- project appraisals
- transferring shares
- acquiring or disposing of tangible and intangible assets
- corporate restructuring
- related party transactions
- accounting and tax purposes
- dispute resolution
- litigation support
Enterprise Risk Management
Enterprise risk management in business includes the methods and processes used by organizations to manage risks and seize opportunities related to the achievement of their objectives. In this area of practice we work closely with our clients. Typically we are involved in identifying particular events or circumstances relevant to the organization’s objectives (risks and opportunities), assessing them in terms of likelihood and magnitude of impact, determining a response strategy, and monitoring progress. By clearly identifying and proactively addressing risks and opportunities, we assist business enterprises to protect and create value for their stakeholders, including owners, employees, customers, regulators, and society overall.
Our solutions take into account each client’s requirements and follow the best practices for each sector. We acknowledge the fact that the trick to successful risk management is to break it down into manageable stages and tasks. The basic steps comprise:
- establishing context – this includes an understanding of the current conditions in which the organization operates on an internal, external and risk management context
- identifying risks – this includes the documentation of the material threats to the organization’s achievement of its objectives and the representation of areas to the organization may exploit for competitive advantage
- analysing and quantifying risks – this includes the calibration and, if possible, creation of probability distributions of outcomes for each material risk
- integrating risks – this includes the aggregation of all risk distributions, reflecting correlations and portfolio effects, and the formulation of the results in terms of impact on the organization’s key performance metrics
- assessing and prioritizing risks – this includes the determination of the contribution of each risk to the aggregate risk profile, and appropriate prioritization
- treating and exploiting risks – this includes the development of strategies for controlling and exploiting the various risks
- monitoring and reviewing – this includes the continual measurement and monitoring of the risk environment and the performance of the risk management strategies
Internal audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As the board faces growing pressure from stakeholders, risk, governance and internal control are indeed top priority on the boardroom agenda. Internal audit plays a pivotal role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance, protecting the business against risk. Internal audit also addresses strategic decision making and thereby improves overall performance.
WDM International’s internal audit team assists boards to benefit from an enhanced internal audit function that provides increased value for money and improved assurance. We ensure that clients acquire access to our extensive experience and knowledge of best practice as leading internal audit services providers while providing access to sector specialists who know your industry and its technical risk areas.
At WDM International we offer specialist consultancy services in relation to business coaching. Business coaching is the practice of providing positive support and positive feedback while offering occasional advice to an individual or corporate structure, in order to help them recognize ways in which they can improve the effectiveness of their business. Coaching is an excellent way to attain a certain work behaviour that will improve leadership, employee accountability, teamwork, sales, communication, goal setting, strategic planning and more.
We advise our clients to instil the practice of 360 degrees coaching, which allows employees to utilise their own life or professional experiences in a positive way to create team participation attitudes even with their superiors. Our services are sought not only when a business is perceived to be performing badly, but also more importantly when the organisation is successful.
We provide our service in a number of ways, including one-on-one, group coaching sessions and through seminars. We assist our clients in different practice areas such as:
- executive coaching
- corporate coaching
- leadership coaching
- personal coaching
- change strategy coaching
The Brief Strategic Approach
Through our specialists in the field we provide coaching utilizing what is termed the Brief Strategic Approach. It is a brief therapeutic intervention that is engaged, on the one hand in eliminating dysfunctional symptoms or behaviours, and on the other, in producing ways of change through which personal and interpersonal realities are built, in order to learn and finally acquire a new balance in which one manages better his own reality. Consequently, Brief Strategic Therapy represents a radical and lasting intervention, and not merely a superficial and symptomatic therapy.
“Knowing the problem through its solution”, instead of looking for “why” there is a problem, is the “action-research” methodology that distinguishes such model from traditional psychotherapy forms. In many cases, through a well thought and well applied strategic plan, one can quickly unlock, in some cases after a single meeting, problems rooted from years.
WDM International can assist you in implementing such approach in your particular circumstances through tailor made consultancy and coaching, developed according to your needs. Over the years we have implemented strategies and delivered training in the following areas:
- problem-solving techniques
- emotional intelligence
- stress management
- persuasive communication
- team building
- conflict management
- verbal and non-verbal communication
- negotiating skills