Following WDM Lex Advisory Limited’s application for registration to provide Corporate Services in terms of the Company Service Providers Act (2013) (‘the Act’), the Malta Financial Services Authority (‘MFSA’) has granted the Company with registration status as a Company Service Provider in accordance with article 5 of the Act. WDM Lex Advisory Limited is one of the very first companies to be granted such authoriation.
The Act implemented Article 36 of Directive 2005/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 October 2005 on the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering and terrorist financing, in so far as this article applies to company services providers. The MFSA is the competent authority responsible for the registration and supervision of company services providers.
In terms of the Act, a company service provider is a natural or legal person that, by way of business, provides any of the following services to third parties:
- Formation of companies or other legal entities;
- Acting as, or arranging for, another person to act as director or secretary of a company, a partner in a partnership or in a similar position in relation to other legal entities;
- Provision of a registered office, a business correspondence or administrative address and other related services for a company, a partnership or any other legal entity.
The Company can assist its clients, whether individuals or corporate entities, in performing their business activities in and from Malta. WDM Lex Advisory Limited provides tailor made corporate services that are most effective for its clients.
WDM Lex Advisory Limited is fully qualified and has the necessary and relevant experience to assist its clients in company setup and company maintenance services. Our firm also provides, company secretary and directorship services, as well as trust and fiduciary services.
Other related corporate services that the Company can provide include:
- Corporate governance, risk and compliance;
- Tax consultancy;
- Business support and back office services;
- Opening and administering bank accounts;
- Company liquidations.
The Company’s experienced team of lawyers can offer the necessary legal advice with respect to all aspects of Maltese Corporate Legislation. Such advice has proven to be essential in cross border mergers, liquidation proceedings, and corporate reorganizations, to name a few.